Use of Information
Information collected by the School is used for three main purposes. First, we collect information to improve the Web Site by determining which of our areas, features and forums are most popular. Second, we collect information to personalize the experience of the users of the Web Site. Finally, we collect information to enable our users to participate in features, services, programs and/or other activities from time to time.
The School does not use its users' email address or other personally identifiable information for commercial or marketing purposes without your consent or except as part of a program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. That being said, the School may use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes.
In order to participate in many features, services and/or programs of the Web Site, we may require that you provide us with certain specific information, such as your full name, mailing address, telephone number, e mail address, gender, personal interests and/or other information specific to you. You can choose whether or not to provide us with this information, but if you choose not to provide any required information, your experience on the Web Site may be diminished and some features may not be available or may not work as intended.
Additional Ways Information is Collected
Browser Log Files
Our servers automatically log each visitor to the Web Site and collect and record certain information about each visitor. This information includes your "Internet Protocol", or IP, address, browser language, browser type, operating system, domain names, browsing history (including time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit), referring/exit web pages and URLs, and number of clicks.
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer's IP address. When a user requests a web page from the Web Site, our web servers automatically recognize that user's domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about the user other than the IP address from which the user has accessed the Web Site. We may use this information to examine our traffic in the aggregate, but do not collect and evaluate this information for individuals. Our web servers do not automatically record e-mail addresses of users.
When Information Is Disclosed By the School
The School does not use its users' email address or other personally identifiable information for commercial or marketing purposes without your consent or except as part of a program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with third parties to demonstrate the usage patterns for the School's content, functionality promotions and/or services on the Web Site.
We also reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information in connection with the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions [thejanusschool.org/terms], take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the Web Site, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the School, our users or others.
We reserve the right to transfer your personally identifiable information, as well as any other information, in connection with the sale or other disposition of all or part of the School's business and/or assets. We also cannot make any representations regarding the use or transfer of your personally identifiable information or other information that we may have in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership or an assignment for the benefit of creditors. Furthermore, we cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third parties or for any actions of any third parties (including other users of the Web Site) that receive any of the information that is disclosed to us. The Web Site also links to a wide variety of other web sites and the Web Site may contain advertisements of third parties. We are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of those web sites of third parties or how they treat information about their users.
Information From Children
Privacy Outside the Web Site
The Web Site may contain various links to other web sites, including links to various third party service providers. The School is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other web sites. Other than under agreements with certain reputable organizations and companies, and except for third party service providers whose services you voluntarily elect to utilize, we do not share any of the personal information that you provide to us with any of the web sites to which the Web Site links, although we may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable data with those other web sites. Please check with those web sites in order to determine their privacy policies and your rights under them.
Choices With Your Personal Information
Whether you submit personally identifiable information to the School is entirely up to you. You may decide not to submit personally identifiable information through the Web Site, in which case the School may not be able to provide certain services to you. Please note that any information that you post, upload or transmit to the School and/or the Web Site cannot be removed and remain subject to our Terms and Conditions [thejanusschool.org/terms].
If you have additional questions or comments of any kind, if you see anything on the Web Site that you think is inappropriate, please let us know by e-mail or by sending your comments or requests to:
The Janus School
205 Lefever Road
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania 17552
Attn: Web Site Issues
Copyright © 2012. The Janus School. All Rights Reserved.
EFFECTIVE AS OF: AUGUST 1, 2008
LAST UPDATED: JULY 9, 2008
The Janus School Website
Terms and Conditions ("Terms")
Please read the following Terms carefully before using The Janus School's (the "School", "our" or "we") web sites, as well as any online features, services and/or programs offered by the School (collectively, the "Web Site"). By accessing or using the Web Site, you agree to the following Terms. You should review these Terms regularly as they may change at any time at the sole discretion of the School. If you do not agree to any portion of these Terms, you should not access or otherwise use the Web Site. "Content" refers to any text, materials, documents, images, graphics, logos, design, audio, video and any other information provided from or on, uploaded to and/or downloaded from the Web Site, other than User Content, which is discussed in Paragraph 7.
We will make an effort to update this web page with any changes to these Terms and/or to the services described in these Terms and you are encouraged to review these Terms frequently (the date of the most recent revision to these Terms appear at the end of these Terms).
1. CONVENIENCE AND INFORMATION ONLY; ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS. By merely providing access to the Web Site, the School does not warrant or represent that: (a) the Content and/or the User Content is accurate, complete, up-to-date or current; (b) the School has any obligation to update any Content and/or User Content; (c) the Content and the User Content is free from technical inaccuracies or typographical errors; (d) that the Content and/or User Content does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party; (e) that the Content and/or the User Content is free from changes caused by a third party; (f) your access to the Web Site will be free from interruptions, errors, computer viruses or other harmful components; and/or (g) any information obtained in response to questions asked through, or postings made on, the Web Site is accurate or complete.
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Terms.
2. SITE USE AND CONTENT. You may view, copy or print pages from the Web Site solely for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may not otherwise use, modify, copy, print, display, reproduce, distribute or publish any information from the Web Site without the express, prior, written consent of the School.
3. NO WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. THE SCHOOL PROVIDES THE WEB SITE ON A COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE BASIS AND THE SCHOOL MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE WEB SITE, THE CONTENT, THE USER CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OFFERED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE ARE OR SHALL REMAIN UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THE CONTENT AND/OR USER CONTENT SHALL BE NON-INFRINGING ON ANY THIRD PARTY'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, THAT DEFECTS SHALL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE WEB PAGES ON THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVERS USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE ARE OR SHALL REMAIN FREE FROM ANY VIRUSES, WORMS, TIME BOMBS, DROP DEAD DEVICES, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY PERSON USING THE WEB SITE WILL BE THE PERSON THAT HE OR SHE REPRESENTS HIMSELF OR HERSELF TO BE. THE SCHOOL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEB SITE AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING, OR THAT THE SCHOOL SHALL HAVE ADEQUATE CAPACITY FOR THE WEB SITE AS A WHOLE OR IN ANY SPECIFIC GEOGRAPHIC AREA.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SCHOOL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE AND/OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE AND/OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS THE SCHOOL'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. THIRD PARTY CONTENT.
(a) The School may provide hyperlinks to other web sites maintained by third parties, or the School may provide third party content on the Web Site by framing or other methods. THE LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND INFORMATION ONLY. THE CONTENT ON ANY LINKED WEB SITE IS NOT UNDER THE SCHOOL'S CONTROL AND THE SCHOOL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF LINKED WEB SITES, INCLUDING ANY FURTHER LINKS CONTAINED IN A THIRD PARTY WEB SITE. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACCESS ANY OF THE THIRD PARTY WEB SITES LINKED TO THE WEB SITE, YOU DO SO ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
(b) If a third party links to the Web Site, it is not necessarily an indication of an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, affiliation, joint venture or partnership by or with the School. In most cases, the School is not even aware that a third party has linked to the Web Site. A web site that links to the Web Site: (i) may link to, but not replicate, the School's Content; (ii) may not create a browser, border environment or frame the School's Content; (iii) may not imply that the School is endorsing it or its products; (iv) may not misrepresent its relationship with the School; (v) may not present false or misleading information about the School's services; and (vi) should not include content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, and should contain only Content that is appropriate for all age groups.
7. USER CONTENT.
(a) The Web Site does or may in the future permit the submission of various forms of content submitted by you and other users ("User Content") and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of such User Content. The School does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any submissions of User Content to us. The User Content posted by any user of the Web Site is not under the School's control and the School is not responsible for such User Content. If you decide to access any of the User Content, you do so entirely at your own risk.
(b) You shall be solely responsible for the User Content that you submit and the consequences of posting or publishing it. You represent, and warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize the School to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Content to enable inclusion and use of the User Content as the School deems appropriate; and, to the extent applicable, and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each identifiable individual person in the User Content to use the name or likeness of each such person to enable inclusion and use of the User Content in the manner contemplated by the Web Site and these Terms. You retain all of your ownership rights in your User Content. However, by submitting the User Content to the School, you hereby grant the School a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Content in connection with the Web Site and the School's (and its successor's) business. You also hereby grant each user of the Web Site a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Web Site, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Web Site and under these Terms.
(c) You agree to not use the Web Site to: (i) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, false, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) harm minors in any way; (iii) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an official, employee or agent of the School; (iv) falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; (v) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User Content transmitted through the Web Site; (vi) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of an employment relationship or under a nondisclosure or confidentiality agreement); (vii) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner to post the material and to grant the School all of the license rights granted herein; (viii) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, spam, phishing schemes, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation; (ix) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (x) interfere with or disrupt the Web Site or any of the servers or networks connected to the Web Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Web Site; (xi) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law; (xii) stalk or otherwise harass another; or (xiii) collect or store personal data about other users.
(d) You acknowledge that the School may not pre-screen User Content, but that the School and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, move and/or remove any User Content that is available on or through the Web Site. Without limiting the foregoing, the School and its designees shall have the right to remove any User Content that violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content or User Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content or User Content created by the School or submitted to or appearing on the Web Site.
(e) You acknowledge and agree that the School may preserve User Content and may also disclose User Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce these Terms; (iii) respond to claims that any User Content violates the rights of any third parties; or (iv) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the School, its users and/or the public.
(f) The School does not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein, and the School expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content. The School does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Web Site, and the School will remove all Content and User Content if properly notified that such Content or User Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. The School reserves the right to remove Content and User Content without prior notice. The School also reserves the right to decide whether User Content is appropriate and complies with these Terms for violations other than violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to, obscene or defamatory material. The School may remove such User Content and/or terminate access to the Web Site for uploading such material in violation of these Terms at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
(g) If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Content or other Content infringes upon your copyright rights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail): (i) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iv) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address; (v) the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted materials described above and contained on the service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by protection of law"; and (vi) the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed." Please also sign the submission that you make to the Copyright Agent.
The School's designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: DMCA Agent, 205 Lefever Road, Mount Joy, Pennsylvania 17552, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the DMCA Agent. Any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to the School's customer service through thejanusschool.org/support. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Paragraph 7(g), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
8. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS. The trademarks, service marks and logos used and displayed on the Web Site are the School's, or its subsidiaries' or affiliates', registered and unregistered trademarks. The School is the copyright owner or authorized licensee of all text and all graphics contained on the Web Site. All trademarks and service marks of the School that may be referred to on the Web Site are the property of the School. Other parties' trademarks and service marks that may be referred to on the Web Site are the property of their respective owners. Nothing on the Web Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the School's trademarks or service marks without the School's prior written permission. The School aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights. Neither the name of the School nor any of the School's other trademarks, service marks or copyrighted materials may be used in any way, including in any advertising, hyperlink, publicity or promotional materials of any kind, whether relating to the Web Site or otherwise, without the School's prior written permission, except that a third party web site that desires to link to the Web Site and that complies with the requirements of Paragraph 6(b) above may use the name "The Janus School" in or as part of that link.
9. LOCAL LAWS. The School makes no representation that content or materials in the Web Site are appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions outside the United States. Access to the Web Site from jurisdictions where such access is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Web Site from other jurisdictions, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. The School is not responsible for any violation of law. You may not use or export the Content or materials in the Web Site in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. You agree that the Web Site shall be deemed solely based in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the Web Site shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the School, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the State Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. These Terms shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America, without reference to conflict of laws principles. You agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. You further agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States and the country in which you reside (if different from the United States).
11. MISCELLANEOUS. If any provision of these Terms is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and the School's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Your Consent To This Agreement
If you have additional questions or comments of any kind, or if you see anything on the Web Site that you think is inappropriate, please let us know by email or by sending your comments to:
The Janus School
205 Lefever Road
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania 17552
Attn: Web Site Issues
Copyright © 2012. The Janus School. All Rights Reserved.
EFFECTIVE AS OF: AUGUST 1, 2008
LAST UPDATED: JULY 9, 2008